Our rustic eco-hostel is located within the center of The Farm, one of the nation's most successful intentional communities. It is in the heart of the Ecovillage Training Center.
Our Open Season extends from April through October, except for dates of immersion workshops and special group reservations. Click below to reserve a dorm bed or camping spot. Please contact us in advance for private room reservations.
Features and Amenities
- The hostel is a converted multi-family dwelling from the early days of the Farm, originally constructed from scrap Army tents and recycled windows, lumber and nails. Every effort is made to retain a sense of authenticity, except that kerosine lighting has been replaced by CFLs and LEDs and there is now indoor plumbing.
- The three dormitories, three private bedrooms, two cabins and a campground provide a rustic but comfortable lodging experience in keeping with The Farm's historic character.
- Food is grown on site in a large demonstration organic garden.
- Buildings and grounds provide examples of sustainable design: recycled and native materials, dome, strawbale and cob buildings, edible landscaping, herb spirals, ponds, catchments, rainwater cisterns and drip irrigation.
- Toxic materials are not used inside the building or on the grounds. No pets are allowed. Everything is recycled.
- Dining may be available at the hostel or, for larger groups, through a prior catering arrangement with the Farm Community Center. Cuisine features Southern vegetarian specialties and Two-thirds World favorites.
- The nearby Farm Community Conference Center can comfortably cater for 150 guests.
- Outstanding outdoor decks on the East and West sides of the Inn are ideal for receptions.
- Guided hikes on our Nature trails extend for miles. Wild mushrooming is especially good in season.
- Pickup service from the Nashville Greyhound Depot and the Nashville International Airport is available at a reasonable rate.
- Close to historic sites, including Meriwether Lewis gravesite, Natchez Trace, David Crockett State Park, Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, James K. Polk's home, Natural Bridge, and the scenic Buffalo River.
- Special packages are available for meetings, celebrations, weekends, and work exchange. We offer customized retreats for individuals or groups. These weekend getaways provide vegan menus, massage, inner self work, movement, art-in-nature, personal trainers, bike trails, and customized courses to suit your needs. Learn skills to be healthy!
- Rates begin at only $12 per night, in season. Camping (on or off platform), dorm, and private
- Wheelchair access provided. Language translation services can be arranged. Bring rain gear, swim gear, comfortable walking shoes, and flashlight.
- The hostel is reserved during large courses such as Permaculture, Natural Buildings and Ecovillage Design. Please check our calendar for dates or call for reservations.